Happy Halloween Everyone! I am so happy to have ya’ll come & visit my blog today as well as many other great crafters for this Hop. I never enjoyed Halloween much until I had my son. Now I have a real reason to make crafts, so he can enjoy a great holiday!
Just a few notes before I show off what I did for the hop. Ashley, our host, is having some great candy for this Halloween themed hop. They are as follows plus their requirements for a chance to win. Thanks Ashley for some really great sponsors…plus she has her own Grand Prize Blog Candy giveaway. Do check out her page if you haven’t already!
Joy’s Life.com – Halloween Puns stamp set
Requirement: Must visit their Facebook page and “Like” them
There will be a Grand Prize given by Ashley, the host, which will be a 50 gift card to the winners choice of Michaels, Joanns or A C Moore!
1.) Will have to comment on every blog in the hop
2.) Become a friend of each blog
Here is the Line Up & Hope you have started from the beginning, if not, I highly advise you do not miss out in all of the crafts!
1. Ashley – http://theglamoroussideofscrapping.blogspot.com
2. Lisa ~ http://honeybearzdesigns2011.blogspot.com/
3. Ellen – http://cardmonkey-business.blogspot.com
4. Dena – http://missdjones.blogspot.com/
5. Zenita – http://scrappinwithz.blogspot.com
6. Gina – http://californiascrappin-gcinderella21.blogspot.com/
7. Liz – http://tryin2craft.blogspot.com/
8. Cindy- http://www.cindys-greencricut.blogspot.com/
9. Cyndie – http://www.cyndiepaperboutique.wordpress.com/ <—You Are Here
10. Lisa – http://handmadewithlove-lisa.blogspot.com/ <— Next Stop
11 .Mindy – http://papercreationsbymindyblog.blogspot.com/
12. Staci ~ http://preciousmem.blogspot.com/
13. Vicki ~ http://scrapbookingcreationsbyvicki.blogspot.com/
14. Amy Jo ~ http://lv2scrapandfibrofacts.blogspot.com
15. Maria ~ http://www.mdcraftcorner.blogspot.com
17. Jearise – http://lorbysworld.blogspot.com/
18. Lynda – http://memoriesintyme.blogspot.com/
19. Carol – http://huffandpuffscrap.blogspot.com/
20. Shannon – http://www.purplelionpaper.com/blog
21. Erica – http://mycricutcraftroom.blogspot.com
So now on to my Hop’s Creations:
I did Halloween themed Treat Bags. I made them from cardstock but got the template from ChicnScratch YouTube Video. She is a Stampin Up Demonstrator & did her video on making mummies, franks, & dracs. I modified it to use what I had in my stash of SVG files. I followed her instructions on how to make the long strip into the holder. Here are the instructions:
1. Cut s strip of either solid or printed cardstock in a 10 inch long by 2 & half inch wide.
2. Score at 2 & 3/16, 2 & 11/16, 6 & 1/8, and 6 & 5/8.
3. Then on the longest end, go about 1/2 inch down & using a word punch (bought it thru my Stampin Up demonstrator) I punched out an opening for the Mini Candy Bar to fit.
4. Then I cut a 2 – 2 inch by 2 & half inch patterned paper (polka dots) to decorate on top of the front flap & the bottom part of the holder. I left the back blank (can use a “To & From” stamp if giving them as treat gifts for school Halloween parties).
5. I used my FAVORITE SVG files, that I downloaded free from her blog (Shery K Designs). They were her Halloween Kids, but unfortunately they are no longer available. Please do check out her blog & store as she does have other fabulous svg files & patterned paper files. She has a great sale going on now til Fri. Oct 21 (oh that’s today! better hurry!) plus some great freebies in her shop!
6. I used adhesive backed Velcro to make the flap able to open & close with ease.
7. Added either Sage Mossy Green, Pumpkin Orange, or Black quarter inch satin ribbon (bought at Joann’s for $1 a roll), using about 8 inches as a handle for the treat holder. Using my ATG gun, I placed adhesive on the top inside fold of the holder.
8. Since I was going to put these at a friend’s booth at our local Craftiques Mall, I wrapped them in clear sheet protectors to keep them from being handled/damaged from those who viewed/purchased them from the Craftiques Mall. I simply cut up clear sheet protectors to the width dimensions I needed & used my ATG gun to seal the end to itself. Plus I added directions to the back of the sheet protector for those who purchased it to remove the protector after purchase.
Here are close ups of each one individually:
Hope you liked my treat holders as I enjoyed making them. Wish I could make more but then where would I store them! I best get to working on my Christmas ones now….LOL! Thanks for stopping by & Happy Crafting!!!