Welcome all to my blog. I am new to blogging so if you read on past this post, its not too long…LOL! I wanna thank Barbara for allowing me to share what I love to do with all of you! I hope you enjoy what I made as I enjoyed making them!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY BARBARA! Hope this milestone of a celebration greets you with much joy & happiness & a life full of God’s wonderful Favor!
So without further ado….let’s continue hopping……
In honor of Barbara’s 50th birthday celebration she is celebrating with others in a Luau Themed Blog Hop. Hope you have enjoyed the blog sites before mine & will enjoy the blogs of those that follow mine! This is a THREE (3) day event so hope you come back as I will have new creations for each day. So get your grass skirt on & sip on that Pina Colada because Let’s Hula!
Barbara has offered some GREAT blog candy and all you have to do is follow these rules to be in the running to win.
Cricut Cartridge Luau 2011 Seasonal
Day 1 Blog Candy:
Cuttlebug Disney NEMO Combo Embossing & Die Set
Day 2 Blog Candy:
Cuttlebug Disney Celebration Combo Embossing & Die Set
Day 3 Blog Candy:
Sizzix Texturz Texture Plates-Kit #3
RULES to be eligible for Daily Blog Candy and the Grand Prize:
- You MUST visit each blog and become a follower
- Leave a comment on every blog in the hop each day
- Leave a comment below on my blog
- Become a follower at “Craftin’ with Barbara”
A Note From Barbara: Hello, I am so very happy to have you hop over to help me in celebrating my 50th Birthday. This is my very first blog hop, and I am so excited to share all the wonderful projects created by very talented and creative ladies with you. So, grab a refreshment, sit back and enjoy all three days of the 50th Birthday Luau hop. This hop runs from August 29-31, so please be sure to check back each day to see what new project each of our talented ladies has in store for you.
Since my birthday is in August, I have always wanted to have a Luau, and well, I love the beach. So, our theme for this hop is, of course, LUAU THEME. What a better way to celebrate my birthday then with a 50th Birthday Luau Hop and the creative talents of all the very talented ladies participating in this hop.
50th Birthday Luau Blog Hop Lineup:
- Barbara B. http://barbarab3.blogspot.com/
- Gill M – http://creationsbygillm.blogspot.com
- Linda Simpson – http://lindasimpsoncraftypieceofheaven.blogspot.com
- Shawnee – http://www.blessedonthebrightside.com
- Lisa – http://handmadewithlove-lisa.blogspot.com/
- Jacki http://cardsbyjacki.blogspot.com/
- Pendra http://pendrasplace.blogspot.com/
- Ashley- http://theglamoroussideofscrapping.blogspot.com/
- Tammy- http://thepurplemuse.blogspot.com/
- Jearise- http://lorbysworld.blogspot.com/
- Cyndie- https://cyndiepaperboutique.wordpress.com/ <—-You Are Here
- Gina- http://californiascrappin-gcinderella21.blogspot.com/ <—Your Next Stop
- April – http://curlsandgrins.blogspot.com
- Lynne- http://slasewcraftiness.blogspot.com/
So here is my DAY ONE CREATION – Barbara’s Birthday Card!
Inside Card would read: May your 50th birthday celebration be a beautiful as a golden sunset on a topical island! Best Wishes to you for today, tomorrow & forever! ~ Cyndie
The Card says on the front – Have A Wave-tasic Birthday!
Here is what I used:
- Actual Card cardstock is from the Paper Studio’s Textured Cardstock Pack in Baby Blue. It was inked with the Stucco ink pad from the Classic Pigment Cat’s Eye Ink Pads.
- Pretty Glitter Stripes Peach sheet from a small paper stack from “Tahiti” Beach Stack printed paper by DCWV.
- Striped cardstock was mounted on solid grey cardstock from the Paper Studio & embossed with the Cuttlebug “Tiny Bubbles” folder.
- The wave is solid colored cardstock also from the Paper Studio but I sprayed it with Stampin Up‘s Glitter Inks in a mini sprayer. (LOVE THEM!) I hand wrote the text on the wave. I wanted to use my Amy Chomas gel pens but didn’t realize I needed a new silver glitter pen so I used my white (regular size) gel pen.
- The Surfer Girl is a pattern from Scrappy Dew. I am a part of their design team & I was so happy to be able to use this SVG they have in their collections. Check them out here. For the surf board, I cut out a border from the “Tahiti” Beach paper stack & used it as a design for the board. I also inked the edges of the board with Dune Pigment from the Color Box Classic Pigment Cat’s Eye Ink Pads to make it look like there was sand on the board. I also used a glitter flower from the same paper stack to use as part of the T-shirt design.